The Project and Programs Coordinator will assist the Old East Village BIA Manager to implement a range of projects and programs on the Old East Village commercial corridor of Dundas Street, between Adelaide and Charlotte Streets.
- Promote and coordinate applications to the City Of London, Old East Village Incentives Programs.
- Liaise with City of London staff, and local business and property owners to implement the incentives programs, building renovations and new developments, and a range of upcoming and ongoing infrastructure projects.
- Prepare grants or funding requests as well as requests for technical and other resource support for specific initiatives.
- Provide support to the Old East Village Development Corporation on collaborative initiatives.
- Assist with business attraction and retention activities including marketing and promotion, liaison with municipal departments and inquiries for lease and purchase from potential businesses and property owners.
- Collaborate with regional academic programs to implement market data collection and analysis.
- Review and provide comment on policy reports and, plans and other documents.
- Assist with the planning and execution of community consultations and the annual AGM.
- Prepare reports and presentations.
- Assist with the development of a business and property owner information package.
- Support the planning and execution of monthly Board Meetings.
- Other duties as delegated by the BIA Manager
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and coordinate programs and projects within multiple time lines.
- Experience in writing funding requests and grants.
- Ability to create and foster relationships with businesses and property owners, and Municipal staff.
- Ability to critically review and analyze procedures, reports and policy, formulate summaries and provide comment.
- Ability to work productively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Access Database system.
- Familiarity with GIS mapping.
Education and Experience
- Minimum two years of professional experience required including project/program management and liaison responsibilities.
- The Project and Program Coordinator should have no less than a Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Urban Planning, Geography, Business/ Economic Development or a related field.
Reports to the BIA Manager and through the BIA Manager to the Board of Directors.
This is a one year contract. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until May 15th at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: NAME – Coordinator Submission